Select a product to learn more:C-PINS
Subsea Precise Inertial Navigation System
C-PINS is a survey tool specifically designed to provide precise positioning and navigation for most offshore subsea marine construction operations including:
- Jumper and Spoolpiece Metrologies
- Pipeline Out-of-Straightness surveys
- Buoy Setting for Well Installation
- Structure (manifold, PLET, PLEM, etc) installations
- Pipeline and Umbilical Installation
- USBL smoothing, Sparse LBL
C-PINS delivers the same precision as conventional acoustic underwater positioning systems, but consumes much less spread time for deployment, calibration and operations.
While developing the C-PINS, Zupt has focused on solving specific limitations that we believe exist within other subsea aided inertial systems:
- Tightly coupled LBL observations allow dynamic use of lines of position (LoPs) or very sparse LBL
- LBL time of validity (tov) is ensured through direct sampling of LBL communications
- DVL is coupled at the beam level for a more reliable solution.
- Unlike other systems, USBL is used to aid the inertial system – not the other way around.
- Navigation processing is on the vehicle which significantly reduces issues due to slip ring outages and bandwidth demands. We just need serial communications to the surface.
- Our IMUs are not “one size fits all.” We select specific IMU’s to be installed in each C-PINS system based on our customers’ error model requirements.