Offshore Survey Engineer -suit entry-level Mechanical / Electronic Engineer
You must be a U.S. Citizens or permanent resident. No student visa applicants accepted!
Please submit resumes in PDF format only. We will not review any other format.
For offshore marine construction survey operations (International including West Africa), we are looking for very capable entry-level mechanical or electrical engineers with a BSc, strong math skills, very good practical aptitude and an interest in international travel. You will have strong personal drive to accomplish goals.
You will have to have a solid analytical background and be able to write and use macros in Excel. We also require CAD skills (AutoCAD or SolidWorks). Any experience of survey operations (land or offshore) or knowledge of cartography would be a major benefit. The interview process will include short Excel and CAD tests.
This full-time position will be split between onshore (in office and offshore work, where you will be working on fixed structures (rigs) or floating vessels (boats – you cannot get seasick) traveling for extended periods of time away from home up to 30 days in one trip. We will pay for the right candidate to obtain your offshore safety training certificates. You have to be fit and pass a medical. You will be randomly drug tested as part of the application and employment process, our industry requires this.
We will pay a competitive salary package plus field allowance for the right candidate.
100% of medical insurance paid for Employee. Free employee dental and vision insurance.
401-K Plan with employer contribution.
Paid holidays, sick days and paid personal time that accrues as you spend time in the field.
Submit your resume to: email@example.com
Inertial Survey Project Manager
Zupt, LLC provides unique solutions for offshore subsea surveying based around inertial navigation systems. We are looking to hire an Inertial Survey Project Manager in Houston, Texas. Please see details below.
Desired Skills and Experience
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Mathematics, Biology or a related scientific field.
24 months of in-job experience or 24 months experience in an alternate occupation that requires
offshore surveying or geomatics.
• Provide technical and operational project management for inertial survey services to offshore marine construction survey operations.
• Utilize advanced knowledge of error models to establish plans for quality control, client approval, and project tolerance requirements while acting as the primary point of contact between the client and our offshore survey teams.
• Oversee the collection of data from subsea metrology surveys and verify data accuracy using inertial technology and knowledge and techniques of inertial navigation surveying, such as calculation of heights, depths, relative positions, and other characteristics of terrain.
• Compute geodetic measurements and interpret survey data to oversee the preparation of all data, charts, plots, graphs, maps, records and documents related to surveys.
• Receive reports from offshore Party Chief to provide onshore survey support and prepare project procedures and offshore work task plans.
• Ensure sufficient human resources, including the preparation of visa applications for offshore workers.
• Utilize knowledge of domestic and international logistics for offshore survey equipment.
8 months training in Marine Geomatic, Eligible to obtain DSP-5 license for Permanent Export from U.S. Department of State and 15% international offshore travel.
Email resume to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. Put job code ISPM on resume.